Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $15.54 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01188
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Requires one evening per week and two Saturdays per month.
Library Associates are responsible for providing quality services to the public. They assist patrons in a friendly and a timely manner both in person and by telephone.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Use library automated system to check materials in/out, process holds, register new borrowers and collect fines/fees.
• Assist patrons with the use of library equipment, including the copier, fax, online catalog and public computers.
• Assist patrons with reference and readers’ advisory questions.
• Shelves library materials.
• Assist patrons in locating materials.
• Assist in keeping the library neat and orderly.
• Assists Librarians in the preparations and presentation of programs.
• Assists with the opening and closing procedures of the library.
• Must follow ALA principles and guidelines as they pertain to censorship and confidentiality.
• Duties may vary according to job assignments.
• May take a lead role in Branch Manager’s absence.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Customer Service experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license
• Must pass Library Skills test with a minimum of 80%
• Some college experience.
• Public library experience.
• Requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3072945
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.