Website City of Waco
Mental Health Services Specialist
City of Waco
Salary: $21.70 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01080
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Under basic supervision, completes a mental health needs assessment for the McLennan County area; establish a referral network for Health District division clients into mental health care/treatment; assist with the development of policy to implement mental health assessments for health district clients in various divisions.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works with Health Equity, Prevention & Promotion (HEPP) Manager to develop and implement plans for a county wide mental-health needs assessment.
• Develops a mental health referral network for health district division clients.
• Assists in implementing the use of the Patient Health Questionnaire (PHQ-9) across various health district divisions.
• Provides ongoing case management services and refers clients to other social service and health care agencies when other case management services are not available; maintains client records and database.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work; Psychology, Health Education or a related field is required.
• One year experience in Mental Health social services or public health programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Licensed Baccalaureate Social Worker from Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners, Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) or related certification.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/2956308
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.