Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01307
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Salary $65,000
Under general supervision, this position performs Human Resources (HR) functions to ensure the City’s compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act which prohibits discrimination against people with disabilities in the areas of employment and access to municipal programs and services and Title VI of the Civil Rights program which prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or retaliation in reference to participation, the denial of program benefits or retaliation within City programs or activities which receive federal assistance.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Serves as a key liaison across the City and primary point of contact for employees and the public regarding concerns and inquiries on ADA issues
• Conducts regular reviews of City facilities, programs, and polices to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations including Title II of the ADA, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 related to access and accommodations for City services, programs, and facilities.
• Responds to Title VI administrative complaints and provides guidance to departments on Title VI compliance issues.
• Ensures that appropriate processes are in place to provide for the prompt and equitable resolution of complaints and inquiries from City of Waco employees, as well as the public, regarding compliance with the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws regarding discrimination on the basis of disability.
• Investigates allegations of discrimination and non-compliance under the ADA and other applicable federal and state laws regarding discrimination on the basis of disability.
• Maintains a record of all disability and accommodation issues and the resolution of each.
• Evaluates effectiveness of ADA programs and makes recommendations regarding ADA trends, changes in policy in accordance with ADA law and best practices and develops necessary action plans.
• Evaluates requests for accommodation and coordinates services based on the needs of employees, residents, and visitors.
• Establishes a complaint or grievance procedure to respond to complaints of noncompliance from the public.
• Conducts ADA interactive meetings and coordinates ADA trainings.
• Collects data, develops various reports, and assists with development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
• Keeps supervisor informed of significant matters related to employee relations issues and seeks supervisory guidance on matters that are complex, unusual, high risk to employees or City, and/or require legal counsel.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with residents, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
• Assists Employee Relations Manager and performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Public Administration, or Social Work
• Three years of experience related to the duties of the position
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATION:.
• Certification as a Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) is preferred.
Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3563432
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.