Website City of Waco
Administrative Assistant – Facilities
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01338
Location: Waco, TX
Department: General Services
Job Type: Full Time
Under basic supervision, performs administrative duties and technical and support services for City Departments; coordinates meetings and processes administrative and technical forms.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides a variety of secretarial, technical support and administrative duties for a Department; makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and training; duties may vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
• Oversees Department administrative workflow; applies knowledge of policies and procedures in order to organize and coordinate work and relieve the Department staff of administrative detail.
• Exercises initiative and independent judgment in performing administrative duties; applies judgment to resolving problems, analyzing data and making decisions; tracks Department issues and assures the effective communication of operational information.
• Manages assigned special projects for Department programs and functions; researches and compiles a variety of informational material from external and internal sources into narrative and statistical reports for special projects, community issues and departmental functions.
• Answers questions where judgment, knowledge and interpretation of City policies, procedures and regulations are necessary; responds independently to inquiries and resolves problems and customer service inquiries within scope of authority.
• Maintains calendars and resolves complex meeting and travel schedules; coordinates meeting rooms and resources; coordinates development of meeting agendas, action item lists and presentation materials.
• Composes and creates letters, memoranda and official documents from general direction, standard formats, copy, rough drafts and dictation; monitors and reviews accounting, budgets and expenditures.
• Maintains department files; researches files and computer databases; collects and compiles statistical data; develops and creates a variety of technical and statistical reports; updates manual and computer records and tracking systems; assures all administrative actions are in compliance with City policy.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Provide oversite timekeeping/payroll for Facilities
• Prepares timekeeping reports.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Two years of administrative support experience, preferably in the public sector;
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3398135
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.