Website City of Waco
Animal Control Officer
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01231
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Animal Services
Job Type: Full Time
Starting Salary: $19.00 per hour
Under basic supervision, enforces state laws and local ordinances governing domestic and wild animals for the City of Waco Animal Services Department.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Responds to calls for service; captures, transports, impounds, and quarantines animals; enforces state and local regulations governing animal control issues, investigates complaints and issues citations.
• Provides customer service on domestic complaints and information requests; presents community outreach and educational programs; maintains records and prepares summary and status reports.
• Maintains assigned vehicle and equipment according to City standards.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• One year of customer or animal service experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Basic Animal Control certification from Texas Department of State Health Services is required within 180 days (six months) of hire
• Euthanasia Certification mandated by Texas Department of State Health Services is required within 120 days (four months) of hire
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Required to capture and physically restrain animals.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3145344
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.