Website City of Waco
Assistant Director of Finance – Accounting
City of Waco
Salary: $90,033.91 – $116,928.21 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01064
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, assists the Director of Finance in planning and directing Finance Department operations including Payroll, Treasury Management, Accounts Receivable, Accounting, Budget, and Accounts Payable and managing compliance with City and department policies and procedures; supervises staff and develops complex financial reports, analyses, budgets, and contracts.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assists the Director of Finance with managing Finance Department operations and staff and the timely and accurate analysis and reporting of financial and technical information.
• Assists with organizing and directing Finance Department activities and provides professional-level support to the Finance Director in a variety of areas, including payroll, accounts payable, cash management, investments, fiscal studies, City Council agenda items, Annual Comprehensive Financial Report (ACFR), annual operating and capital budgets, and other financial reports, economic development, municipal bond issues and a variety of complex general accounting functions.
• Manages a variety of technical accounting functions for the City; evaluates and analyzes financial issues and policies and recommends solutions; coordinates work with other City departments and public agencies.
• Directs Finance Department operations; assures the quality of the financial activities, services, and work products; directs the Finance staff; plans, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; monitors work, develops staff skills and evaluates performance; meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues; develops work plans and assures required deadlines are met; reviews work and verifies the accuracy of financial records.
• Using knowledge of Finance Department policies and procedures, reviews, and processes technical accounting documents, develops financial reports and forecasts, analyzes technical accounting information, and develops recommendations and summary reports.
• Prepares and presents financial forecasts and status reports to City Council and assures effective communication of financial issues.
• Assists with contract management and technical reporting for a variety of programs and projects.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration.
• Six years’ experience preferably with government accounting and/or budgeting, including supervisory experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Additional technical certifications and training may be required.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license from Texas State Board of Public Accountancy.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3289749
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.