Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $47,700.00 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01394
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, performs professional-level librarian duties, utilizing current technology and traditional resources to meet the informational, instructional, educational and recreational needs of children; manages children’s library programs and recommends plans, programs and policies for the Waco-McLennan County Public Library (WPL) Children’s Department.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides technical and professional assistance to library patrons, primarily children and caregivers; teaches the use of library resources and equipment for performing research; assists and instructs people in the most efficient and effective ways to identify, locate, access, and use public information and resources; processes patron’s requests for additional resources.
• Develops and presents special programs to meet the informational, educational and recreational needs of children, including outreach programs.
• Develops and maintains the children’s collection: reviews books and electronic media available, evaluates options, selects materials to meet the needs of children and recommends additions to the collection; reviews and evaluates current collection and recommends the removal of books and other resources that are no longer appropriate for the collection.
• Instructs patrons, primarily children, in the use of library materials and online catalog.
• Creates library publications, including bibliographies, guides, and displays for the Children’s Department.
• Maintains discipline and order in the children’s department.
• Monitors the database and verifies the accuracy during cataloging of acquisitions.
• Assists with training of volunteers and staff.
• Provides basic circulation service, as needed
• Gathers and compiles data for reports and prepares statistical and analytical reports of children’s activities.
• Promotes children’s programs and services to community agencies, advocates and citizen groups.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Substitutes at branches as needed.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution.
• Public Library experience.
• Experience working with children.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Supervisory experience
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Must be able to push book carts up to 200 pounds.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3499457
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.