City Secretary Administrative Specialist
Website City of Waco
City Secretary Administrative Specialist
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2023-01208
Location: Waco, TX
Department: City Secretarys Office
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum starting salary $18.16 per hour depending on qualifications
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Meaningful and challenging work
• Make a difference and improve communities
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• Full Range of Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
• Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
• Education Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Longevity Pay
• And More!
• Chance to do work you are passionate about
• Job Security
• Desire to give back
THE CITY OF WACO SEEKS:
An adaptable, organized, customer service focused Administrative Specialist to support the City Secretary’s office, City Council, and other City of Waco boards and commissions. If you are an effective written and verbal communicator who pays close attention to detail and would enjoy working in a fast-paced office where no two days are alike, this could be the career for you! Apply Now!
• High School Diploma or GED
• Three years of clerical or customer service experience
• Must possess a Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Ability to obtain notary public upon hire
• Associate’s Degree in Applied Sciences, Business Administration, Human Resources, Marketing, Business Management Technology or a related field may be substituted for the required experience.
Under supervision, performs complex office clerical and administrative support functions for City Staff and provides customer service for the general public and the City Council; enters and retrieves data in automated records management systems; provides information within scope of authority.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
• Performs basic clerical and administrative duties in accordance with Department procedures and City policy, including data entry, record keeping, basic accounting, preparing and processing documents, and maintaining files; makes and distributes copies; processes mail, documents, correspondence, invoices and other materials; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Assists with city council meetings as needed, both during the workday and in the evenings.
• Provides customer service, information, and assistance to visitors and others having business with the City; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority; assists customers with requests, varies permits and applications and other documents.
• Processes and maintains a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports, and documents; processes forms, records, and files; queries system databases and spreadsheets as requested by authorized persons; collects statistical data, and compiles data for reports.
• Answers incoming telephone calls and directs the caller to the correct person or work group or takes and relays messages as appropriate; coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments as requested; cross-trains in other administrative support duties as needed.
• Prepares invoices, reports, memos, letters, financial statements, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software and City Web Page.
• Conducts research, compiles data and prepares reports and Proclamations for consideration and presentation by Council, Executive Team, and City Secretary.
• Attends meetings to record minutes or assist public and/or staff meetings.
• Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports to determine their significance and plans their distribution and response.
• Files and retrieves official City documents, records, and reports.
• Makes travel arrangements for City Secretary and City Council.
• Prepares and posts agendas and makes arrangements, such as coordinating catering for luncheons; committee, board and other meetings as needed.
• Manages and maintains City Secretary and City Council schedules.
• Trains other clerical staff and arranges for employee training by scheduling training or organizing training material.
• Explains administrative, code of ordinances, and operation policies and procedures for employees and citizens.
• Posts and/or publishes public notification of all official activities or meetings as required by the Open Meetings Act.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco, City Council and the general public by demonstration courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4202384
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.