Website City of Waco
Code Enforcement Inspector
City of Waco
Salary: $19.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01275
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Development Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum salary is $19.00 per hour
Under basic supervision, enforces health and safety ordinances for the City; patrols City to identify and investigate violations; notifies offenders, maintains case files and resolves complaints.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Patrols City to check for violations of City health and safety codes; responds to complaints, identifies, and inspects violations and contacts individuals to discuss violations and procedures for resolving compliance issues; prepares violation letters and citations.
• Re-inspects previous notified violations to verify compliance; explains and enforces City codes, regulations, and code enforcement rules.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required
• One year of customer service or construction experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• State Code Enforcement Officer License is required within one year of hire
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3241857
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.