Website City of Waco
Community Health Ambassador
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 7076
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
This is a grant funded position.
2 Positions Available
Under direct supervision, the Community Health Ambassador is responsible for helping to reduce local health disparities, and to increase access to COVID-19 and influenza vaccines for populations disproportionately burdened by COVID-19.
• Works with health education and communication teams to develop culturally appropriate messages which focus on COVID-19 spread, symptoms, treatment, prevention, and the benefits of vaccination for targeted populations.
• Provides culturally appropriate COVID-19 vaccine education and information through media outlets, social media, faith-based venues, community events, and other culturally appropriate venues to address community needs and concerns as they relate to COVID-19.
• Establishes and/or maintains excellent collaborative relationships with community partners, community members and staff to improve access and uptake of COVID-19 and influenza vaccines locally.
• Plans, organizes, and participates in outreach and community engagement events to gain feedback and insight about the impact of COVID-19 to burdened communities, and ways to increase COVID-19 and Influenza vaccination.
• Assists with the development of interventions to reduce community burdens of COVID-19
• Identifies and develops activities to maximize COVID-19 and Influenza vaccination rates in burdened communities
• Provides basic motivational interviewing and goal setting with community members/families to improve vaccination uptake.
• Effectively communicates and advocates for communities disproportionately affected by COVID-19
• Reports on monthly community engagement and outreach initiatives to ensure timely submission to leadership and program funders
• Attends regular staff meetings, trainings, and community outreach events as required (including those that are outside of normal business hours).
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties is required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Associates degree in a related field.
• Volunteering experience, working with community organizations or non-profits.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3115390
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.