Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $20.82 – $33.25 Hourly
Job Number: 2655
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Public Works
Job Type: Full Time
8 Positions Available
Under basic supervision, reviews civil engineering project plans and specifications and inspects construction projects for compliance with approved plans and conformance with Public Works Department (PWD) safety and construction codes and regulations.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Inspects civil engineering construction projects built by the City and by contractors; verifies construction activities are in compliance with all applicable codes, ordinances and regulations; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience and training; duties may vary according to job assignment and individual skills.
• Inspects structural and infrastructure construction projects, coordinates inspection work with other City Departments, agencies and utility providers.
• Reviews plans and specifications of projects to gain familiarity with the projects prior to inspection.
• Performs field inspections to monitor quality control and evaluate the work performed; tests and verifies quality of workmanship and compliance with plans, specifications, estimates, PWD codes and regulations.
• Tests quality and quantity of materials used and stability of work site.
• Monitors work activities at work site and enforce safety rules and regulations.
• Identifies and documents deficiencies and deviations from quality and safety standards and project specifications; refers serious problems and disagreements in interpretation to Supervisor.
• Maintains and updates inspection records and project documentation files; prepares reports on program activities and performance and as needed for project progress payments.
• Maintains communications with developers and builders and resolves problems.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours depending on work activities, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Two years of journey-level in general construction or building inspection experience.
• Class C Water Operator license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) within 2.5 years; according to the needs of the City, additional training and certifications may be required.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Ability to run, jump, turn, pivot, stoop, climb and execute similar movements
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3563408
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.