Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $18.89 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01268
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum starting salary: $18.89
Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local regulations regarding the Health District approved programs and associated limits.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Protect the environment and health of the community by performing environmental, health, and sanitation inspections, such as but not limited to, childcare facilities, adoptive and foster homes, vector control, property conditions, and food establishments; conducting health nuisance and public nuisance investigations including monitoring to detect nuisance conditions, violations, and pollution of the local environment, gather information from individuals and businesses in regards to inspections and investigations.
• Review technical reports and plans, draft, prepare and issue inspections reports; enforcement actions and participate in compliance actions. Maintain appropriate records.
• Ensure compliance in regard to analytical methods, sampling protocols, collecting and interpreting data.
• Interface and coordinate with other city departments and with the private sector to maintain compliance with Federal, State, County, and Local regulations.
• Conduct public outreach and education activities.
• Respond to emergency and disaster response calls.
• Facilitate resolution of compliance issues, apply and enforce statutes, regulations, ordinances and policies governing the Health District approved programs.
• Demonstrate courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and staff; maintain confidentiality of work-related issues; perform other duties as required or assigned.
• Performs all other related and assigned duties as required to ensure regulatory compliance and nuisance abatement.
• Driving is essential.
• Associates Degree in Health and Safety, Chemistry, Science, Environment, Biological, Applied Science, or a related field.
• Additional technical training or certifications may be required.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• One year of experience in sample collection, compliance, or industrial process.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3225652
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.