Website City of Waco
Equipment Mechanic – Fleet
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01444
Location: Waco, TX
Department: General Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum starting salary $17.29 per hour depending on qualifications
Under basic supervision, performs maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance on Fleet Services (FS) vehicles, specialty vehicles and equipment, and heavy equipment, in accordance with all safety regulations and City procedures.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform maintenance, repairs, adjustments and preventive maintenance on a diverse fleet of light and medium-duty equipment and machinery including road and grounds maintenance, hydraulic systems, watercraft and other specialty equipment; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Inspects and diagnoses mechanical, electrical and hydraulic problems on equipment; determines extent of necessary repairs, prioritizes work and performs repairs within scope of authority and training and in accordance with all safety regulations and procedures.
• Performs preventive maintenance and diagnostics on equipment to maximize the effective life cycle, reduce downtime and improve the productivity of City workers; performs specialized repair and maintenance work to bring equipment into compliance with safety and regulatory violations.
• Inspects status of equipment, performs safety inspections and recommends equipment replacement and major repair options; installs auxiliary and specialized equipment.
• Diagnoses and repairs equipment engines and components, including gasoline, diesel and hybrid engines; uses technical manuals to correct problems.
• Diagnoses and repairs equipment component systems and sub-systems for electrical, fuel supply, hydraulic & pneumatic systems, brakes, drive train, suspension, exhaust and engine cooling systems; performs arc and acetylene welding as required; performs body repair and other metal component repairs.
• Transports equipment from the field to the repair shop facility; performs emergency repairs in the field as required; identifies and reports vehicle problems requiring additional maintenance and repair; notifies supervisors of repair problems beyond the scope of authority and skills.
• Maintains records and logs of services performed and general equipment information; opens and closes work orders; and documents work hours, parts used and repairs completed.
• Orders parts as needed; maintains records of parts requisitions and stock inventory.
• Maintains shop facility, cleans work areas and removes debris; maintains the work zone and all equipment in safe operating condition, disposes of lubricants and chemicals in accordance with all safety procedures.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Two years’ work experience in the maintenance and repair of equipment.
• A minimum of 30 college credit hours within a relatable field will be considered towards work experience or an Associate’s degree within the mechanics field can be substituted for experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Mechanical certifications from National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE).
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3581001
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.