Website City of Waco
HR Specialist – Occupational Health
City of Waco
Salary: $55,000.00 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01458
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Human Resources
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Under moderate supervision, position serves as the City’s occupational health specialist for the Human Resources (HR) department. Responsibilities include functioning as a liaison between the occupational health providers and administering the City’s occupational health process. Position also provides marketing, education, and training of occupational health services.
• Administers and maintains City’s occupational health program and functions as the City’s primary contact for occupational health related items.
• Provides information and training regarding occupational health to supervisors and employees.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the occupational health provider and other customers by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with staff, residents, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Oversees medical surveillance programs.
• Assists with workers compensation administrative documents and gathering information for subrogation claims.
• Ensures occupational health provider is in compliance with employee new hire physicals, special team physicals, random testing and other employment physicals.
• Manage monthly invoices and payments received for occupational health providers
• Work with City’s Safety and Risk Coordinator to ensure there is unity between all occupational health, wellness, and safety programs and to ensure that safety and wellness information is promoted by the external providers
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources or a related field
• Two years of occupational health or human resources related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A Valid Texas Driver’s License
Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. Sedentary work involves a stationary position most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3615195
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.