Website City of Waco
Information Technology Analyst – Security
City of Waco
Salary: $54,000.00 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01450
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum salary starting at $54,000 and depends on qualifications.
Under general supervision, ensures the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the City’s IT infrastructure and intellectual property, monitors, analyze, and detect Cyber events and incidents within information systems and networks under limited supervision Information Technology (IT) Department.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions,but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains and upgrades network system, hardware, peripherals, specialty equipment and software applications; analyzes IT operational issues and resolves problems within scope of authority and training; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Works independently to identify and analyze IT operations and problems; diagnose and troubleshoot operational issues; prioritize solutions and assure that hardware and software systems are available, reliable and efficient; monitors operational and access trends and enforces security protocols.
• Performs system maintenance and updates according to IT Department procedures and industry standards.
• Maintains, tests and troubleshoots desktop systems and network access problems.
• Refers complex problems to senior technical staff and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
• Remains current on industry security trends and evaluates new technology.
• Assists with monitoring security compliance with policies and procedures, security management reports, and third-party security functions.
• Assists with the development of citywide security policies, standards, guidelines, and baselines.
• Assists with maintaining accurate and current compliance documentation for the assigned compliance standard(s) and ensures that all documentation is properly stored in the document management system.
• Assists with monitoring network functionality and utilization; researches security and access problems and develops solutions; detects and corrects errors; monitors and verifies data backups; identifies technical problems which need to be addressed by improved procedures and work standards.
• Assists with conducting vulnerability scans on a routine or ad-hoc basis.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency or as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology is required
• Three years of current IT project management and technical support experience
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3606218
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.