Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01272
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Solid Waste
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Salary $90,000
Under general supervision, manages the landfill operations of the Solid Waste Department (SWD); manages equipment and facilities maintenance and repairs.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Manages all SWD landfill operations; manages equipment and facilities maintenance and repairs; manages budgets, revenues, and expenditures of the landfill enterprise fund; assures operations are in compliance with state and federal regulations and City policies and procedures.
• Manages SWD staff, assigns tasks and projects; trains staff, monitors work, develops staff skills and evaluates performance; analyzes workload trends and develops staffing and assignment adjustments.
• Performing bird mitigation activities to include passive control methods/habitat, working face management and exclusionary devices, and active control methods (harassment and other controls) as necessary.
• Completing and maintaining the landfill daily/monthly activity ledger that is part of the City Bird Management plan.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Business or Public Administration, or a related field is required
• Five years solid waste program experience, including supervisory experience
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Municipal Solid Waste Class A license from Texas Commission on Environmental Quality is required
• Manager of Landfill Operations Certification from Solid Waste Association of North America (SWANA) is required within one year of hire; additional technical certifications may be required.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3231964
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.