Website City of Waco
Latent Print / Crime Scene Technician
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01431
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Minimum Starting Salary: $19.07/hourly – Depending on Qualifications
2 Positions Available | 1 Full Time and 1 Part Time
Under basic supervision, processes evidence, latent prints and other trace evidence for the Waco Police Department (WPD).
• Responds to crime and accident scenes, evaluates the scene, and conducts searches for evidence utilizing disciplines related to crime scene investigation.
• Measures and/or photographs crime scenes, evidence, etc.; Documents collects, packages, preserves, and processes evidence in accordance with applicable legal chain of custody practices and procedures.
• Utilizes alternate light sources, chemical and physical processes, scientific methods, and equipment for the detection and collection of evidence.
• Process evidence and crime scenes for latent fingerprints, utilizing both chemical and powder processes.
• Develop investigative leads for detectives based on analytical processing of crime scene evidence.
• Writes, drafts, and completes reports and/or documentation of work completed.
• Assists other surrounding law enforcement agencies with crime scene processing.
• Testifies as an expert witness in court regarding analysis of procedures, after being declared by the judge an expert in the field of crime scene investigation
• Works in an environment containing bio-hazardous materials.
• Must have the ability to climb, carry, stoop, crawl and safely operate a motor vehicle. Frequently exposed to extreme heat, cold, humidity, and precipitation; fumes and odors from processing chemicals; and biological hazards such as blood and body fluids.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors, and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Must live in McLennan County and be able to work an on-call schedule when designated.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Criminal Justice, Forensic Science, or a related field.
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must complete Police Department Background Packet
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• Must be able to pass a polygraph.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Must live within McLennan County.
• One year of experience in crime scene processing, latent print development and fingerprint comparison
• Various days and hours including over night hours including weekends and holidays.
ALL APPLICANTS – Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
Applicant must meet CJIS requirements related to system access. By applying for this job, you are subject to a state and national criminal history check of the following:
• Felony Convictions
• Felony Deferred Adjudication
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Convictions
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication
• Any open arrest for any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
• Any Family Violence Convictions
State mandated eligibility for this position requires the applicant to be:
• A United States Citizen
• Possess an Honorable Discharge from branch of Military in which applicant served, if applicable.
• Submit to a background investigation as required by state law.
• Provide truthful and accurate information at all times during the application process. Any dishonesty found during the application process will result in an automatic disqualification and deem applicant permanently unsuitable for hire at any other time.
• Requires exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3560620
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.