Website City of Waco
Office Specialist – Police Drug Enforcement Unit
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01206
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Starting Salary: $15.67 per hour
Under basic supervision, performs basic office clerical and administrative support functions for City staff and provides customer services for the general public; enters and retrieves data in automated records management systems; provides information within scope of authority.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs basic clerical and administrative duties in accordance with Department procedures and City policy, including data entry, record keeping, basic accounting, preparing and processing documents and maintaining files; makes and distributes copies; processes mail, documents, correspondence, invoices and other materials; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Provides customer service, information and assistance to visitors and others having business with the City; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms and other documents.
• Enters and retrieves data in automated records management systems, updates and maintains a variety of electronic and paper files, records, reports and documents; processes forms, records and files; queries system databases as requested by authorized persons; collects statistical data and compiles data for reports.
• Receives records and applications, verifies information and enters data into City computer systems.
• Updates and maintains statistical information, reports and related documents.
• May collect special fees and account information for City services and perform cashier functions.
• Answers incoming telephone calls and directs the caller to the correct person or work group or takes and relays messages as appropriate; coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments as requested; cross-trains in other office support duties as needed.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies.
• Receives and sends information to and from other City departments, agencies and jurisdictions.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required;
• AND one year of administrative or clerical experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC) within six months from date of hire.
• Must complete Police Department Background Packet
• Provide truthful and accurate information at all times during the application process. Any dishonesty found during the application process will result in an automatic disqualification and deem applicant permanently unsuitable for hire at any other time.
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• Must be able to pass a polygraph.
ALL APPLICANTS – Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
Applicant must meet CJIS requirements related to system access. By applying for this job, you are subjected to a state and national criminal history check of the following:
• Felony Convictions
• Felony Deferred Adjudication
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Convictions
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication
• Any open arrest for any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
• Any Family Violence Convictions
• Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
• Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3108209
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.