Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2023-01191
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Starting Pay: $22.97 per hour
The Police Exam will be conducted on Saturday, August 12th, 2023 at 8am.
If you are currently TCOLE Certified, you MUST submit your application through the https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wacotx/jobs/4035106/police-officer-tcole-certified?pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobsposting to be considered.
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Meaningful and challenging work
• Make a difference and improve communities
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• Full Range of Benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
• Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
• Education Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Longevity Pay
• And more!
• Chance to do work you are passionate about
• Job Security
• Desire to give back
THE CITY OF WACO SEEKS:
Are you looking to serve your community, make a difference in people’s lives, and build camaraderie with your coworkers? Waco Police Department is accepting applications for the next group of Police Recruits to join the WPD family. If this sounds like you, apply with the WPD today!
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
• 15 hours of college credit with at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale,
• OR two years of active-duty military experience from the US Armed Forces with an honorable discharge;
• OR 2 years continuous experience as a paid full-time police officer.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Upon reviewing your application, you will receive an e-mail with additional requirements you MUST COMPLETE to go through the Police Recruit process.
• Background Packets must be submitted by 4:00 pm on Friday, August 4th, 2023.
Under close supervision, attends training from Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and Waco Police Department (WPD) to obtain Basic Peace Officers License and certification.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
• Attends classroom training sessions and takes notes required to obtain Basic Peace Officer Certification.
• Completes and passes written, oral and skills proficiency examinations for a wide variety of required Peace Officer skills and knowledge and maintains required levels of proficiency.
• Participates in physical conditioning training and testing and maintains required levels of physical fitness.
• Maintains the integrity, professionalism, values and goals of the Police Department by assuring that all rules and regulations are followed, and that accountability and public trust are preserved.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Successful performance in and progression through Police Academy training.
• Ability to testify in court proceedings.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4174855
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.