Website City of Waco
Public Health Education Supervisor
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01277
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Under basic supervision, prepares and presents health education materials, provides outreach services for at-risk populations; conducts public educational forums on priority health issues.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Works with other Health District Managers and Supervisors to create a coordinated health education plan for all Public Health District (PHD) programs and departments.
• Works closely with Public Health Information and Communications Lead and Municipal Information to coordinate health education campaigns for the PHD.
• Plans and presents community outreach programs to promote health education, risk reduction and healthy behaviors; informs community of services available through Public Health District (PHD) and other community resources; prepares and delivers presentations on assigned health topics.
• Researches health education issues; prepares educational materials; coordinates and presents training and public education programs; collects, compiles and maintains data on PHD health education activities; prepares grant proposals, maintain programmatic budgets and updates public access websites; assists with training PHD staff.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Supervises staff, assigns duties, monitors operation and reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the efficient and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Health, Business, Nursing or Public Administration or a related field.
• Two years’ of Public Health experience including one year supervisory experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• Master’s Degree in Public Health.
• Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES).
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3248686
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.