Website City of Waco
Public Health Nutrition / WIC Manager
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01366
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Health Services
Job Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, manages client services for participants of the Nutrition and Women Infants & Children (WIC) programs for the Public Health District (PHD), including nutritional counseling, education and training; manages program staff, assures that the services provided meet the program requirements and assures compliance of program activities with State and Federal regulations.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Plans, manages, reviews and evaluates the staff and functions of assigned PHD programs; manages priorities, identifies critical issues, resolves conflicts and assures the effective coordination of programs and strategies to protect and improve the health of the residents.
• Manages staff through appropriate delegation and work supervision; assigns duties, responsibilities and resources; monitors clinic operations and reviews the work of assigned staff to assure the efficient and timely accomplishment of assigned duties and responsibilities; trains staff and coordinates safety and skills training programs; works with employees to correct performance deficiencies.
• Meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve workload and technical issues; reviews programs and workload in order to anticipate technical and management problems; analyzes workload trends and implements staffing and assignment adjustments.
• Assists staff in planning outreach, breastfeeding and nutrition education activities; assures the quality and effectiveness of assigned PHD programs and compliance with state and federal regulations.
• Analyzes data, reports and surveys to evaluate success of programs and services; evaluates operational performance by reviewing service conditions, client satisfaction, staffing levels, work methods and procedures; develops and implements changes to protocols and procedures to assure effective operations.
• Evaluates grant programs, researches requirements and determines feasibility of participation; prepares and submits grant proposals; manages grant budgets and operational and financial reporting; assures that quality standards are met, and appropriate services are provided.
• Analyzes impact of changes in state and federal policies and regulations and develops program revisions to assure continued program compliance.
• Analyzes PHD financial and resource information; develops and manages budgets; manages the collection, analysis and reporting of operational and financial data.
• Assures effective communication of PHD issues with management and Board of Health; interprets and explains federal and state rules and regulations and City codes and ordinances; coordinates strategies to integrate programs and services with federal, state and regional organizations and City departments.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Business or Public Administration or related field.
• Five years’ experience in public health program management.
• Professional registration and technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• Master’s degree in Nutrition, Public Health, Business or Public Administration or related field.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3441073
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.