Website City of Waco
Public Works Operations Crew Lead – CDL (5,000 Hiring Incentive)
City of Waco
Salary: $28.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01407
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Public Works
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum starting salary: $28.0000 Hourly
Under basic supervision, supervises work crews operating specialized trucks and heavy motorized equipment used for a variety of job functions in the Public Works Department (PWD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises and trains work crews repairing and maintaining streets, roadways and infrastructure.
• Coordinates, schedules, and assigns staff, vehicles and equipment; estimates materials required for assignments and stages materials and equipment; orders supplies and work materials; inspects work projects for compliance to quality standards, safety regulations and City procedures; prepares and prioritizes work orders and prepares activity and summary reports.
• Plans and schedules preventive maintenance for vehicles and equipment.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Perform other related or assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Four years’ heavy equipment operations experience, including supervisory experience.
• Special training and licensing may be required for some incumbents.
• Valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License is required at the time of the interview. Tanker Endorsement will be required within 180 days of employment.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3520727
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.