Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01119
Location: Waco, TX
Department: General Services
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Salary: $51,000.00 Depending on Qualifications
Under basic supervision, purchases and coordinates the procurement of supplies, services, equipment and materials for the City; assists City departments with purchasing procedures and technical issues; performs duties in compliance with state and federal regulations and City policies and standards.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Purchases supplies, services, equipment and materials for the City; performs duties in accordance with City policy and procedures and within scope of authority; duties may vary according to work assignment.
• Coordinates purchasing activities in order to procure the most cost-effective supplies, materials, equipment and services from qualified and responsive vendors; oversees the preparation and evaluation of bids proposals, qualifications and the selection of vendors.
• Facilitates meetings with departments to determine purchasing requirements, technical specifications, deadlines and project plans; serves as advisor on procurement issues; coordinates and manages purchasing activities and procedures; assists department staff with preparing and posting request for bids, proposals and qualifications.
• Coordinates work with bidders, contractors, suppliers and professional service providers; assists with the review, analysis, evaluation and solicitation of bid responses, pricing, technical documentation and contracts.
• Resolves problems encountered with departments and vendors; tracks the status of purchase orders; acts as first point of contact for all facets of the procurement process.
• Verifies that all procurement activities and bidding procedures for City vehicles, equipment, supplies and services are conducted in accordance with state laws and City policies; and provides fair and impartial consideration to all parties.
• Makes decisions within limits of delegated authority and budgetary constraints on selection of suppliers, acceptance of bids and proposals; and determination of the most cost-effective procurement method.
• Assures all purchasing issues are properly addressed and resolved; may supervise staff.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration or a related field with course work in procurement and accounting.
• Three years of procurement program experience
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Public sector experience
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3150689
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.