Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $57,000.00 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01365
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Health Services
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
**New employees are eligible for a $5,000 Hiring Incentive**
Minimum starting salary: $57,000.00 Annually
Under basic supervision, provides counseling, education and assessment for infants, children and pregnant, postpartum and breastfeeding women clients for the Public Health District (PHD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provides direct clients care for PHD clients, including interviewing and assessing nutritional status to determine client’s WIC eligibility and nutrition care plan; performs anthropometric and biochemical measurements; approves specialty infant formulas; provides nutrition education and outreach programs and works with community to increase public awareness of proper nutrition; provides information, counseling and medical case management according to specific program and physician guidelines.
• Evaluates appropriateness of formula issuance; co-ordinates quality assurance plan; and performs supervisory and clerical duties as needed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nutrition, Food Sciences or related field.
• Registered Dietitian License by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
• Additional technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• One year experience in nutrition programs.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects. Sedentary work involves a stationary position most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3707341
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.