Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01109
Location: Waco, TX
Department: City Managers Office
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
This post is only a job advertisement. The City of Waco is partnering with Rizikon Risk Management Solutions in recruiting for this position. All applications should be submitted through the link below.
Click or Tap the following link to Apply: http://rizikon.net/CAREERS/WACO/
The Safety Manager is responsible for the development and implementation of safety and health programs that meet and exceed the requirements set forth by OSHA, in pursuit of acquiring ISO 45001 certification, ensure the safety of all employees, visitors and contractors to. The Safety Manager will actively manage the City’s team of safety professionals, engage, and involve leaders and employees at all levels of the organization to drive a safety-based culture characterized by teamwork, commitment, compliance, and accountability.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Advances initiatives which promote and sustain the safety, health, security, and welfare of all personnel.
• Leads the City’s team of Safety & Health professionals in providing world class safety leadership and service across the organization.
• Provides safety focus, direction, leadership, and technical expertise across the organization.
• Provides executive level advice and expertise on items related to safety to the city management team and helps inform policy decisions.
• Develops, implements, and administers ‘best known’ Environmental Health and Safety standards and practices with a focus on achieving World Class Performance.
• Develops, monitors, and updates safety regulatory and awareness policies and educational training for city management, supervisors, and employees. Revise current policies and procedures to meet changes in operations and/or regulatory requirements.
• Disseminates governing safety regulations, appropriate industry “best practices” as well as internal “best practices” to city management, supervisors, and employees to ensure continuous learning and improvement in safety and health performance.
• Analyzes safety performance, makes recommendations, and drive positive change. Communicates to leadership and operations the requirements for improving performance including addressing issues, concerns, and corrective actions.
• Develops, monitors, and disseminates city safety goals and/or benchmarks to employees and subcontractors.
• Participates in project safety meetings as well as significant safety incident investigations and root cause analysis.
• Manages interactions and effectively communicates with all levels of the city, outside support/consulting and regulatory agency personnel.
• Investigates complaints on possible safety violations/deficiencies and makes recommendations for correction of deficiencies.
• Develops and administers root cause analysis procedures/process design to reveal and capture “learnings” from all near miss and/or upset conditions.
• Communicates post incident/near miss findings (written/verbal: Incident Flash; Detailed Incident Investigation; and phone/net conferences).
• Develops, implements, and institutionalizes a process to identify and eliminate high risk occurrences through review of historical incident data; leading/warning indicators; plant, process, and equipment audits; job and activity observations; and highly specified Job Safety Analysis (JSA)s and Standardized Work Instructions (SWIs).
• Collaborates with other business partners to proactively manage the administration of Workers Compensation benefits, case management, and cost containment measures and the administration and management of risk and loss control activities.
• Promotes positive atmosphere among the safety team and constituents through appropriate and current leadership, coaching, and mentorship techniques.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Safety and Health or a related field;
• AND Seven years’ leadership or managerial experience in organization-wide Health & Safety programs;
• With minimum of 3 years’ experience at the executive leadership level.
• Experience must include budget development, cost management, strategic planning, and project management.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Related post-education training, and certifications such as:
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP),
• Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH),
• Certified Healthcare Safety Professional (CHSP),
• Certified Professional Environmental Auditor (CPEA),
• Certified Hazardous Materials Manager (CHMM).
• Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3563405
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.