Website City of Waco
Senior Administrative Services Manager
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01371
Location: Waco, TX
Department: City Managers Office
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Manages and oversees administrative, fiscal and employee functions of the City Manager’s Office. Performs administrative and business management duties including purchasing, budget management, revenue accounting, human resources, property and inventory control, contract management and service delivery methods and procedures. Provides guidance to Administrative Services Managers in other City departments.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervises staff, which includes prioritizing and assigning work; conducting performance evaluations; ensuring staff is trained; ensuring employees follow policies and procedures; maintaining a healthy and safe working environment; and, making hiring, termination, and disciplinary decisions or recommendations.
• Supervises, manages and coordinates human resources and fiscal functions for the department; Interprets personnel rules and regulations; researches recruitment and compensation issues.
• Manages, coordinates and administers Department processes, to include: setting up contracts; grant application and administration; procurement processing; verifying Department payroll; revenue recovery; and, other related duties
• Prepares comprehensive technical reports showing expenditure analysis; works with City Management and Chief of Staff to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively to provide quality seamless customer service
• Assists in identification and development of new programs, systems, procedures or equipment to enhance overall performance of the Department
• Leads the coordination and preparation of the Department’s detailed annual operational and capital improvement plan (CIP) budgets with review and approval by department management
• Participates in the development, analysis, formulation and administration of the department budget.
• Approves forecast of funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; prepares budget and related financial documents; conducts budget preparation/review meetings; monitors and approves expenditures; prepares revenue projections and annual updates; and implements budgetary adjustments.
• Participates in special projects including research of new programs and services, budget analysis and preparation; prepares and presents reports detailing findings and recommendations.
• Represents the department to other departments; coordinates department activities with those of other departments and outside agencies and organizations.
• Leads process improvement, development, and coordination with Administrative Services Managers in other City departments.
• Assists in administering assigned contracts; negotiating and preparing difficult requests for proposals or contracts with service providers and vendors; monitors work progress and ensure adherence to project schedule and budgets.
• Provides complex staff guidance to the City Management team; participates on a variety of committees; prepares and presents staff reports and other correspondence as appropriate and necessary.
• Continuously monitors and evaluates the quality, responsiveness, efficiency and effectiveness of assigned programs, service delivery methods and procedures; works with employees on the continuous improvement of department specific services.
• Participates in the development and implementation of departmental goals, objectives, polices and priorities.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with residents, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work- related issues and City information.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with course work in Business Management, Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resources or related field
• Four years of increasingly responsible and complex administrative, fiscal, personnel and management experience in local government.
• Two years of supervisory experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license from Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3450542
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.