Website City of Waco
Senior Information Technology Analyst – AV
City of Waco
Salary: $60,000.00 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01451
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Information Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum salary starting at $60,000 and depends on qualifications.
Under general supervision, provides hardware and software support for the City’s computer programs, peripherals, equipment, and infrastructure for the Information Technology (IT) Department.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains and upgrades Audio Visual (AV) equipment, hardware, peripherals, specialty equipment, and software applications; analyzes IT operational issues and resolves problems within the scope of authority and training; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
• Documents, maintains, and upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
• Implements and maintains a wide range of technology solutions for City departments.
• Works independently to identify and analyze IT operations, prioritize solutions and assure that hardware and software systems are available, reliable, and efficient.
• Manages IT projects for implementation and integration of new technology and system upgrades.
• Performs system maintenance and updates according to IT Department procedures and industry standards.
• Analyzes and makes changes to the application programs, including development, maintenance, upgrades, installations, user access, second-tier assistance, testing and security.
• Designs and develops AV solutions for City departments.
• Supports mobile devices and mobile device management software.
• Maintains, tests, and troubleshoots operating systems and technical problems; restores functionality, documents procedures, and provides user training.
• Identifies problems and diagnoses and troubleshoots operational issues; monitors operational and access trends.
• Support and maintain user information including rights, security and system groups.
• May coordinate with the work of Help Desk Technicians; prioritizes service requests, assigns work, monitors results, and provides technical leadership and guidance; verifies that all service issues are addressed and resolved.
• Refers complex problems to IT Management and tracks the problem until it has been resolved.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency or as required.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or a related field
• Five years of current IT project management and technical support experience
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
• Microsoft, Extron, Crestron, and other professional IT certifications
• Some incumbents may be required to obtain additional specific skills training and technical certifications.
• Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3606220
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.