Website City of Waco
Solid Waste Maintenance Worker
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01219
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Solid Waste
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Salary $15.00 and depends on experience.
Monday – Friday, Saturdays as needed.
Under basic supervision, performs unskilled and heavy manual labor tasks associated with landfill disposal operations.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs litter collection, landscape, and landfill maintenance.
• Constructs repairs and installs landfill litter fences.
• Assists in loading and unloading vehicles and directing customers to assigned areas for disposal.
• Directs customers to appropriate location within the landfill for waste disposal and explains procedures and regulations.
• Assists mechanics with a variety of basic tasks as required.
• Cleans, maintains, and accounts for basic tools.
• Operates light trucks and equipment. (Mowers, weed eaters, chainsaws, and sprayers).
• Obtains daily fuel tank readings.
• Coordinates temporary laborers in the collection of litter from the site.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Will be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other assigned or related tasks as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• One years’ experience in laborer work
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3126896
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.