Website City of Waco
Solid Waste Operator – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: $20.72 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01368
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Solid Waste
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Salary: $20.7160 per hour
Under basic supervision, operates sanitation trucks to collect and transport materials to the City landfill and recycling center for Solid Waste Department (SWD).
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collects solid waste, refuse, bulky items and recyclable materials and transports materials to the City landfill and recycling center; operates a variety of vehicles and equipment at City landfill in accordance with all safety regulations; performs manual labor tasks as needed; maintains daily work logs and records; provides customer service as needed; performs duties within scope of authority and training and in compliance with City policies; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Operates specialized heavy equipment to move, grade and cover landfill materials; monitors work environment for safety and continually screens all materials at the landfill in order to identify hazardous and prohibited waste; utilizes proper safety precautions in all work performed; inspects and maintains vehicles and equipment according to City standards.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is required.
• Six months of heavy equipment operations experience and/or commercial vehicle experience.
• A valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License is required within 90 days of hire. Applicant must hold a written permit at time of application.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3446414
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.