Website City of Waco
Traffic Signal Technician – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: $19.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01311
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Public Works
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Salary: $19.00 per hour
Under basic supervision, installs and maintains traffic control signals on City streets.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Installs, repairs and replaces traffic signals according to assigned work orders; tests and cleans systems and components and replaces wiring, fuses, bulbs and other parts.
• Inspects and maintains traffic signal hardware and electric and electronic controllers; checks schematics and diagrams and performs preventive maintenance.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• One year of general electrical work experience.
• Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License is required within 180 days from the date of hire with a Tanker Endorsement.
• International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Technician certification is required within one year of hire; additional technical training and certifications may be required.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3320589
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.