Website Family Abuse Center, Inc
Position Status: Full Time
FLSA: non-exempt (hourly)
Supervised by: Director of Development
GENERAL DESCRIPTION AND PURPOSE:
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, screening, training and supervising volunteers and interns to ensure they meet the critical needs of the daily activities of the Family Abuse Center. Serves as the volunteer recruiter/intern liaison to the community volunteer organizations, university student groups, intern programs and local corporate employee groups.
Under the direction of the Director of Development and Director of Legal Services and Outreach the position may represent FAC in community outreach activities including speaking presentations and participation in health/resource fairs, continuously promoting community awareness of FAC services and volunteer opportunities. Identifies and refers to the Director of Development potential sources for financial support or in-kind donors for Family Abuse Center programs, keeping up with the current needs of FAC’s programs.
The regular workday for this position will be within Family Abuse Center business hours, M-F, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. However, volunteer group events, community education, fundraising activities and other special events may be required which will be outside of Family Abuse Center business hours. Work hours cannot exceed 40 hours per week without pre-approved overtime.
The qualifications listed below are representative of the education, experience, skill/ability, and licenses/credentials required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.)
o Communications, Marketing, Business Management, Human Resources, Human Services, Social Sciences or related field
· Experience in the field of domestic and/or sexual violence.
· Taking initiative to connect with preexisting network and community members.
· Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Strong oral and written communication skills.
Strong planning and organizational skills.
Speak effectively before groups of clients.
Ability to maintain accurate data and documentation of client services, volunteer hours and presentations.
Ability to resolve conflict.
Provide and receive training and supervision.
Demonstrates effectiveness as a member of a team as well as the ability to work independently.
Work in basic computer programs such as MS Word & Excel.
· Valid Texas Driver’s License and clear driving record
· Serve as a member of the Development Team.
· Manage intern and volunteer program, including orientation, training, evaluation and ongoing development.
· Maintain, revise and edit volunteer training manuals and policies.
· Recruit volunteers and interns to fill positions as described from a diverse range of individuals, with particular attention to agency needs or special projects. Types of recruited volunteers includes: individuals, students, church groups, service organizations, fraternity/sororities and community volunteer agencies.
· Work with program leaders (task and field supervisors) to ensure that interns receive appropriate orientation, training, work and peer assignments, schedules, etc.
· Develop, coordinate and lead volunteer/intern training and orientation sessions.
· Assign volunteers and interns to meet agency needs appropriate to their interests and skills.
· Serve as a representative of FAC in speaking engagements for community groups and other interested parties as needed.
· Assist with planning and executing special events including the DVRT conference and annual fundraisers.
· Document and track appropriate volunteer and intern statistical information, activity and other volunteer program records, electronic and paper as required. Track volunteer activity, reporting as appropriate to Development Director.
· Develop job descriptions for volunteer and intern positions as needed.
· Lead in-kind donation program, which includes speaking with donors, scheduling drop, offs, and ensure donations are put away properly. Recruit volunteers for assistance as needed.
· Identifies and acquires volunteers for both long-term and short-term commitments for the benefit of the programs, staff and resident of the Family Abuse Center, continuously expanding the volunteer force with new members.
· Responsible for running criminal background check on all FAC volunteers as needed.
· Coordinates all requests for general community education opportunities and health/resource fairs with the Executive Director and Director of Legal Services and Outreach.
· Believe in and act in accordance with the agency’s mission statement and goals.
Experience working with diverse populations and groups.
· Other tasks as assigned.
To apply for this job email your details to Samantha.Dietzler@familyabusecenter.org