Website Gaumard Scientific
Gaumard is currently looking to hire a Repairs Technician I to join our Waco, Texas team.
WHO WE ARE:
Gaumard Scientific Company is a world leader in the design, engineering, and manufacturing of health care simulation products. For more than 70 years, our simulators have been used for training worldwide by the military, emergency medical services, major teaching hospitals, and nursing schools. Gaumard products have been recognized for their innovation in simulation in the pre-hospital, obstetrics and gynecology, surgical and nursing care segments.
This position is responsible for performing repairs on various HI-FI simulator models with assistance of other Repair Technicians and/or the department manager. Constructs, maintains, and tests electrical systems and components. Uses measuring and diagnostic tools to test and modify electronic parts. Ensures systems and components meet established specifications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The person filling this position will have a familiarity with working in a production environment and will be required to follow detailed instructions and schematics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Inspects, diagnoses and repairs most models of HI-FI simulators using light hand or power tools such as wire strippers and crimpers, soldering and micro welding tools, small wrenches and electrical testing devices like volt/ohm meters, oscilloscopes, variable power supplies, OSat meters, blood pressure cuffs, defibrillators.
Follows schematics, drawings, diagrams, samples, or written or verbal instructions.
Completes repairs in a timely manner.
Maintains a neat and orderly work area.
Assists in preparing customer estimates.
Identifies and reports on repeat failure modes.
Suggests design, component and/or assembly changes and improvements to the Engineering department.
Performs additional related duties as assigned.
- Education: High school diploma or its equivalent
- 1-3 years of electronics repair experience working in a production environment.
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship program or electronics certificate preferred.
- Must possess general working knowledge of Gaumard HI-FI Simulators
- Must have the ability to perform Final Test on all Gaumard HI-FI simulators
- Experience working with electronics, standard test and measurement equipment.
- Able to follow detailed written and oral instructions.
- Good organizational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Frequent use of the arms, hands, and fingers is required to perform functions such as reaching, grabbing, pinching, picking, holding, and turning.
- Frequent use of hand and power tools weighing up to 15lbs.
- The employee is interchangeably required to sit, stand, and walk during their shift.
- Employees may be required to bend, stoop or kneel to grab supplies and or materials
- The employee must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull or move objects across the production floor weighing up to 40 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation.
- The employee may be required to reach at or below shoulder level and reach overhead for short to moderate periods.
Must be able to hear, understand, and distinguish sounds and speak clearly.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The above job description supersedes all previous descriptions. This job description is intended to be a tool to describe the primary purpose of the job and the KEY duties and responsibilities. This description does not state or imply that the functions listed above are the only tasks to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Management has the right to add to or change the job responsibilities at any time.
WHAT YOU’LL GET AS A GAUMARD EMPLOYEE:
- Competitive Pay
- Job Stability
- Full Health Benefits after 30 days (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Paid Holidays (no waiting period)
- 401K Retirement plan with 100% employer match up to 5% of employee contribution
- Employee Assistance Program
WHAT OUR HIRING PROCESS LOOKS LIKE:
Thank you for considering a career at Gaumard Scientific. Should you choose to complete an application, our HR team will review your resume and information. We are committed to matching candidates with the right job at Gaumard Scientific.
If you are a match for a current opening, you will receive a notification from our HR department to begin the interview process. Our hiring process involves an initial email or phone call requesting your interview availability. If you are not a match for a current position, your resume and application will be kept in our system for future opportunities. We encourage you to join our Talent Community for future career opportunities at Gaumard Scientific.
We try to make the hiring process as smooth as possible, however, we may experience delays from time to time. We appreciate your understanding.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Gaumard Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Gaumard Scientific is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Gaumard Scientific are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Gaumard Scientific will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Gaumard Scientific encourages applicants of all ages. Gaumard Scientific will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.