Website Haley & Olson, PC
AGGRESSIVE. INNOVATIVE. EFFECTIVE. SINCE 1981.
Prominent Central Texas firm seeking experienced Paralegal / Legal Assistant in varies areas of our practice.
Key Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Manage and maintain calendar including deadline and filing schedules for both you and your attorney(s)
- Input and/or reviewing of attorney’s time into billing system accurately and timely to overall billing process
- Prepare and organize client documentation and general case documents for various matter types
- Draft, edit, and update documentation for your attorney and other data-entry
- Various other light office duties as needed for your attorney(s) cases such as scanning, filing, copying, tracking down appropriate office supplies, etc.
- Assist in scheduling client and other meetings in office
- Maintain client relationships through professional, efficient interaction
- Coordinate with legal parties involved in matters for billing, settlements, scheduling, etc.
- Client record requests and follow up with various 3rd parties for case support
Education and Experience Requires:
- Some college or associate degree preferred
- 3+ years Legal assistant and/or legal industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral internally and customer-facing
- 3+ years customer service minimum preferred
- Moderate experience with Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe
- Experience with other industry common tools such as file share applications preferred
Skills and Characteristics Needed:
- Highly organized with minimal guidance
- Self-starter with ability to efficiently discern when more details and instruction are needed
- Strong sense for natural prioritization
- Patient yet persistent in a sporadic environment
- Punctuality and consistent reliability of attendance
- Professional attitude and appearance suitable for highly conservative industry (business casual dress required daily)
- Highest level of confidentiality of all information you handle in any format
- Flexibility and ability to work occasional weekend hours or extended days as needed for fluctuations in project and general workload.
This is a full-time in person position predominately Monday-Friday during standard business hours. Our offices are closed for major federal holiday’s as set in our annual Holiday Calendar. Must maintain a Valid Driver’s License & Auto Insurance and have reliable transportation both for getting to and from work and for ad hoc errands that may be required.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org