Website Nemmer Electric, Inc., dba NEI Datacom
Cable install; data technician; low voltage
Job Title: Data – Low Voltage and Security Technician Location: Central Texas (primarily Waco, Texas, and surrounding areas) Job Purpose: Install fiber optic, network, and telecommunications cables. Install security cameras and other low-voltage technologies while maintaining compliance with all the policies and procedures of Nemmer Electric, Inc. / NEI Datacom. Support activities at commercial, industrial, institutional, and residential locations.
• Installation of products and services related to voice and data structured cabling systems.
• Installation of products and services related to security systems, fiber optic cabling, fire alarms, access control systems, CCTV systems, and audio/video systems including overhead paging, intercoms, etc.
• Installation of structured cabling systems according to bid specifications, customer expectations, and scope of work requirements during installation.
• Perform installations in compliance with national, state, and local codes, and the industry’s best practices and as otherwise directed.
• Carryout installation assignments timely and within the project specifications at the direction of the team lead, supervisor, and/or manager.
• Identify all “out of scope” work on projects and escalate them to the team lead, supervisor, and/or manager before beginning work on that task.
• Provide status reports and updates to the team lead, supervisor, and/or manager as required.
• Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues (includes, but is not limited to, Nemmer Electric Inc., / NEI Datacom personnel, General Contractors, other crew members, etc.), customers, and vendors.
• Communicate effectively with colleagues, customers, and vendors.
• Maintain knowledge of industry standards and best practices, local codes, and OSHA requirements.
• Take ownership and responsibility, and work to completion, including on long-term projects and service tickets.
• Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all Nemmer Electric Inc., / NEI Datacom productivity objectives are met.
• Able to supply personal tools to perform the job.
• Adhere to all Nemmer Electric Inc., / NEI Datacom safety policies and procedures.
Desired Skills, Experience and Education:
• One (1) year or more of structured cable installation experience, including all aspects of fiber solutions.
• One (1) or more of the following, Current State of Texas: Security Alarm Installer License, Fire Alarm Installer License, Electronic Access Control Device Installer License, Fire Extinguisher License
• Specific product manufacturers installation certification (Panduit, Coming) preferred, but not required.
• Basic exposure to and the understanding of the National Electric Code NFPA-70 article 800 and related information.
• Knowledge of TIA/EIA standards and industry best practices.
• Experience reading, interpreting, and following blueprints, schematics, diagrams, specs, and SOW documents.
• Current and valid Texas driver’s license with no driving offenses preventing commercial insurance acceptance.
• Must be able to pass background and substance screenings.
• No disqualifying criminal offenses under Senate Bill 9 / Texas Penal code 5 or other restrictions dependent upon my assigned project / customer restrictions.
• Prior project management experience
• OSP knowledge and experience, including OTDR operation and fusion splicing experience.
• Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, with an ability to adapt to a variety of working conditions.
• Open to direction and feedback, and a collaborative working environment.
• Demonstrate a strong work ethic and the ability to be a self-starter.
• Knowledge of and extensive experience with a wide variety of power tools and trade specific hand tools.
• Excellent verbal and written skills
Physical and Environmental Requirements: (Physical/Environmental requirements could be repetitive throughout the standard workday, every day)
• Must be willing to work overtime & weekends as job needs require, including overnight travel as needed
• Safely lift up to 50lbs
• Ability to safely climb ladders and push/pull
• Physically capable of climbing, squatting, stooping, bending and/or kneeling
• Be willing and able to stand for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions
• Must have the ability to do tedious work with hands such as grasping and/or manipulating wires
• Ability to work off ladders, man lifts or boom lifts
• Be able to work in high traffic and noisy work environments effectively and efficiently
• Be able to work in dark and/or tight /small places for long periods of time
• Work in all weather conditions, such as extreme cold, snow, rain, hail, extreme heat, etc.
$13.00 – $24.00/hr DOE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org