Website Texas Life Insurance Company
A life insurance carrier located in Waco, Texas
The Accounting Specialist will play an integral role in the Finance Department, assisting with the various daily activities of the Treasury Operations team. In this role, you will perform routine accounting duties in relation to accounts payable and accounts receivable.
Apply online at www.texaslife.com
- Analyze and process invoices, check requests, and travel expense reports
- Process and apply customer checks, credit card and /or wire payments to invoices.
- Maintain data integrity
- Perform cash/suspense reconciliations
- Handle daily/routine information requests
- Deliver accurate and timely work product within specified deliverables timelines, and in coordination with other team members
- 1+ years of related experience
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles and financial reporting systems
- Basic analytical, interpersonal, communications, prioritization, and time management skills
- Attention to detail, strong multi-tasking and organizational skills are all a must
- Strong customer satisfaction focus
- Associate degree in accounting (preferred)
Location of Position: This position requires that work be completed onsite at our 900 Washington Avenue, Waco, Texas location. Work hours are 8:15 to 4:30, Monday through Friday.
Office environment with majority of time spent sitting for long periods of time sorting, processing, scanning payments and imaging.
Base salary/hourly rate range for this position in Texas is between $34,000 and $42,000. Please note that specific compensation decisions are based upon a variety of job-related factors as permitted by law, including geographic location, credentials, skills, education, training and experience.
Texas Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Texas Life Insurance Company strives to attract, develop, and retain a diverse workforce.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment where all associates feel valued, respected, and supported.
Our commitment to inclusivity is reflected in the safeguards, policies and commitments we have in place to remove barriers and provide equal opportunities to prospective and current associates, without discrimination.
A Human Resources representative is available to consult with applicants who require accommodation in the application or recruitment process. Any information shared by the applicant about an accommodation will be treated as confidential.
To apply for this job please visit www.texaslife.com.