Website Texas Life Insurance Company
A life insurance carrier located in Waco, Texas
Join the Texas Life Team!
What’s in it for you?
With us, you’ll be able to achieve the work/life balance you’re looking for with a competitive compensation and benefits package. This includes hybrid remote work opportunities.
Our benefits include tuition reimbursement, paid maternity leave, professional development, 401k with company match and profit sharing, and participation in two bonus programs.
Apply at www.texaslife.com
Position: Life Insurance Customer Service Specialist
We want highly motivated individuals who are interested in learning about our life products and want to provide outstanding service to our customers. This position communicates with customers regarding requests concerning their policies that includes billing, policy values, policy changes, and general questions through our call center.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Process billing changes for policies, including setting up EFTs, removing policies from payroll billing and handling billing inquiries.
2. Process cancellation requests, policy loans, withdrawals and surrenders. Calculate taxable gain and perform tax reporting on disbursements.
3. Performs policy changes including address changes, name and ownership changes, assignments, death of owner, increases/decreases, adding/removing benefits, removing/reducing ratings, smoker changes and reinstatement of lapsed policies.
4. Work in telephone call center from 8:15 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (one hour for lunch, plus 15 minute break).
5. Perform user testing for policy administration system when needed. 6. Ability to compose and produce correspondence to policyholders.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
1. Associate’s degree or minimum of one year of insurance or customer service experience in a related industry.
2. Ability to maintain good working relationship with customers, home office staff, and agents in a diverse business environment.
3. Must be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
4. Ability to make sound decisions.
5. Effective oral and written communication skills, with clear speaking voice.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality of files.
7. Ability to use computer system and other office equipment, including word processing and spreadsheet applications provided by the Company.
8. Must be able to work at computer for long periods of time and handle large volume of telephone calls.
Work Location: Waco, Texas
Base salary/hourly rate range for this position in Texas is between $32,000 and $36,000. Please note that specific compensation decisions are based upon a variety of job-related factors as permitted by law, including geographic location, credentials, skills, education, training and experience.
Texas Life is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Diversity and Inclusion:
Texas Life is committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive workplace – one that is responsive to our customers, associates, investors, and the communities in which we live and work. We will recruit, develop and retain people of all ethnicities, sexual orientations and life experiences. We will promote an environment that exemplifies integrity, teamwork and respect for others and encourages new ideas and perspectives. We recognize that diversity brings strength and effectiveness to an organization, which ultimately creates value for our stakeholders.
To apply for this job please visit www.texaslife.com.