Website Waco Family Medicine
REPORTS TO: Chief Financial Officer
EDUCATION: Bachelor degree in finance/accounting. Master degree preferred.
Certificate/License: CPA preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Two years of financial management experience, preferably in a health care organization.
SKILLS: Perform finance and accounting functions, including financial data preparation and analysis,
budgeting, and investment review; Maintain knowledge and proper application of the accounting
standards and principles; Monitor financial policies, procedures, and internal controls; Lead a
dedicated and seasoned team of accountants to provide financial clarity through the production of
financial reports and maintenance of accounting records; Direct workflows and evaluate processes
seeking increased efficiencies and effectiveness; Identify and resolve problems by exercising strong
initiative, judgment, and decision making to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy and timing of
financial reports; Establish and maintain working relationships with all staff and the public;
Communicate clearly both verbally and in writing; Serve as a resource for department leads through
answering financial related questions and assessing the needs of financial requests to best support
Family Health Center’s mission.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS: See reverse
• develops plans and objectives with supervisors and department staff, regarding short and longrange accounting programs in specific areas such as budgeting, profit analysis, accounting systems,
reporting, and internal auditing.
• directs financial accounting functions to ensure accurate recording and reporting of clinic financial
• proper recording and control of cash receipts/disbursements, recording of fixed assets.
• development of adequate procedures, instructions, controls, records, and receipts.
• works with CFO to develop and approve financial statements, including balance sheets, profit/loss
statements and analysis of variances in accounts, ratios, income/expense, as well as investment
analysis; e.g., effects of fee changes on costs and profits, return on investment.
• implement strategic timelines and ensure staff is on track to meet financial reporting deadlines.
• supervises the internal audit program to ensure internal financial controls are regularly tested and
• assists with the development and implementation of the annual capital and administrative budgets
as well as financial and credit policies of clinic.
• directs the preparation of statistical information and reports for management, government and
• directs, forecasts, and analyzes special projects; e.g., proposed facilities, equipment purchases.
• builds ad hoc financial reports to meet departmental requests.
• assists CFO in the preparation of major clinic financial reports.
• conducts performance evaluation and recommends merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary
• attends a variety of meetings with management and department staff to review and discuss
• prepares workpapers for annual audit.
• prepares various fund requests for grants and other resources.
• maintains strictest confidentiality.
• participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• monitors all bank accounts and reconciles accounts on a monthly basis.
• performs related work as required.
• prepare manual checks as required.
• assist with Administration phones and errands
• periodically audit cash drawers of all cashiers
• other duties as assigned by supervisors
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
• possess a valid Texas driver’s license and appropriate liability insurance
• visual and auditory accuracy
• shift length – 8 hours
• indoor setting
• continuous use of computer and calculator
• long periods of sitting
• frequent use of telephone
• continuous repetitive grasping and manipulation of both hands
• continuous conversational communication
• occasional reaching, walking, squatting, bending, kneeling, twisting and climbing
• occasionally carrying, lifting, pushing and pulling of up to 25 lbs
• occasionally working in confined, noisy, dusty areas
• frequent use of personal car
• understand/carry out simple/detailed, oral/written instructions
• memorize and retain instructions
• read and interpret detailed specifications
TO APPLY: Please visit our website at www.wacofamilymedicine.org and fill out an online
application located under Careers.
To apply for this job please visit wacofamilymedicine.org.