Website American Amicable Group of Companies
Audits submitted applications for accuracy and completeness, reviews and is authorized to render underwriting decisions within stated guidelines also supports various ancillary tasks as required.
· Quality check point for all new business applications. Reviews all submitted applications to ensure accurate data entry. Failure to identify data entry errors has significant impact to service levels and final product.
· Must have a solid understanding of all company products, plans and applications.
· Must be able to take notes during training and effectively apply procedures and processes that are presented to you.
· Reviews ‘final expense’ and ‘simplified issue’ applications with the goal to render a decision on insurability: approvals/declinations/plan changes within stated guidelines.
· Authorized with an approval limit of $300k, within stated guidelines.
· Must have solid working knowledge of MIB codes and medications pertinent to all products and plans. (to be covered during training)
· Conducts additional research based on need and to fully consider applicant for coverage. Includes MVR searches, criminal record searches, various vendor websites, etc. Failure to fully develop an applicant can lead to errors in final decisions and has a direct impact on performance.
· Monitors and identifies concerns with agent business practices, notifies appropriate parties, and adds agent to yellow watch.
· Based on review of the life being underwritten, determines the needed requirements to continue the review and prepares the actual correspondence that goes out to the agent. Failure to fully review the file and failure to appropriately state what is needed can lead to service issues and delays in processing.
· Enters detailed notes on the operating system so that anyone reviewing the case knows what action has been taken and why and what is currently needed on the file. Failure to appropriately update the system can lead to operational inefficiencies and service issues.
· All tasks supported by this position are time sensitive and critical to operational performance. Failure to execute on a daily and case by case basis leads to service issues and has a direct impact on risk and can lead to complaints.
· Conduct Company business in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations, and contractual obligations. Behave ethically and with integrity and always follow the principles of the Compliance Program when making business decisions. Compliance with this program is a condition of employment for every American-Amicable employee.
Education, Work Experience and Training Requirements
· High School diploma or equivalent
· Life Insurance or related industry experience strongly preferred or a solid understanding of life insurance concepts from a consumer perspective.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
· A friendly, positive, learning-oriented attitude.
· Minimum typing requirement of 35 wpm and 90% accuracy.
· Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook and Excel and the ability to learn internal operating systems quickly and effectively.
· Ability to quickly learn details regarding Company products, processes, and procedures.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Solid problem-solving skills.
· Ability to function and execute under pressure.
· Ability to work independently as well as work effectively in a team environment.
· Requires a high level of attention to details, organizational skills, and time management skills.
· As business needs demand, must be able to work overtime.
Working Condition, Physical and Mental Requirements
At iA American, we support and celebrate diversity. We strive to provide a workplace that is recognized as inclusive for all, regardless of ethnic origin, nationality, language, religious beliefs, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family situation, or physical or mental disability.
The incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and, if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made in compliance with ADA and EEO regulations to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job, absent undue hardship.
This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org