Website Brazos Electric Power Cooperative
Support and assist the Communications & Controls Engineering section with design and planning of required telecommunication and control system facilities. Perform independent design and system studies on specific projects. May give direction to drafters, clerical personnel, and Engineering Assistants and assume such authority as may be delegated. Perform other duties as required.
Tasks, Duties and Responsibilities:
· Prepare and analyze engineering drawings, specifications and system data to determine design factors on specific projects requiring SCADA and communications related equipment
· Design and plan system facilities for projects in accordance with applicable codes and regulations
Planning and Analysis
· Become multi-disciplined with knowledge of existing and future technologies.
· Plan and develop enhancements to SCADA systems and supporting communication equipment.
· Perform detailed engineering studies and reports within degree discipline.
· Programs, configures, maintain SCADA systems to communicate with field devices
· Diagnose and troubleshoot active systems to support operational modifications, repairs, or enhancements.
· Maintain relationships with external contractors, consultants and member cooperative personnel to coordinate job related activity.
· Perform field related investigations, inspections, or monitoring. Perform special communications related assignments as required.
· Work closely with communications technicians on completion of design installations and testing.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a communications, electronics and/or network discipline. Previous technical work related history will be evaluated.
Brazos Electric provides competitive pay and excellent benefits including a 401(k) plan and group insurance benefits. The job duties listed are not intended to describe fully the position’s requirements or essential functions, which are subject to change.
Brazos Electric Power Cooperative, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.
To apply for this job please visit joblinkapply.com.