Property Room Technician
Website City of Waco
Property Room Technician
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2023-01058
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Salary: $16.47/hourly – Depending on Qualifications
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Meaningful and challenging work
• Make a difference and improve communities
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• Full Range of Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
• Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
• Education Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Longevity Pay
• And More!
• Chance to do work you are passionate about
• Job Security
• Desire to give back
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required;
• AND two years’ experience in clerical records and/or inventory management, preferably in WPD, or another Police Agency.
• Valid Texas Driver’s License
• Must complete Police Department Background Packet
• Must be able to pass a Criminal Justice Information Services (CJIS) background screening.
• Must be able to pass a polygraph.
• Ability to pass the Typing test – 40wpm minimum
• Ability to pass the Office Grammar & Spelling – 70% minimum
• A variety of technical training and certifications are required including:
• National/Texas Crime Information Centers (NCIC/TCIC) within six months of hire.
• Certification from Texas Association of Property and Evidence Inventory Technicians.
• Depending on the needs of the City, additional licenses and certifications may be required.
ALL APPLICANTS – Must be able to pass a criminal background check, obtain and maintain federally mandated security clearances where required.
Applicant must meet CJIS requirements related to system access. By applying for this job, you are subject to a state and national criminal history check of the following:
• Felony Convictions
• Felony Deferred Adjudication
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Convictions
• Class A & B Misdemeanor Deferred Adjudication
• Any open arrest for any Criminal Offense (Felony or Misdemeanor)
• Any Family Violence Convictions
State mandated eligibility for this position requires the applicant to be:
• A United States Citizen
• Possess an Honorable Discharge from branch of Military in which applicant served, if applicable.
• Submit to a background investigation as required by state law.
• Provide truthful and accurate information at all times during the application process. Any dishonesty found during the application process will result in an automatic disqualification and deem applicant permanently unsuitable for hire at any other time.
• A full list of requirements can be found on http://www.tcole.texas.gov/
Position Overview:Under basic supervision, maintains and secures property and evidence for the Waco Police Department (WPD).
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3877441
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.