Website City of Waco
Utilities Maintenance Worker – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Number: 2022-01183
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Water Utilities
Job Type: Full Time
Minimum Starting Pay: $17.51 per hour
2 positions available – 1 in Distribution/Collections and 1 in the Meter shop
Under basic supervision, performs basic unskilled labor tasks in support of the repair and maintenance of water distribution and wastewater collection (W/WW) facilities, equipment and infrastructure for the Waco Water Utility Services Department.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs general labor work and uses basic tools, vehicles and equipment to assist in the maintenance and repair of W/WW facilities, equipment and infrastructure; follows safety precautions in all work performed; reports problems and emergency situations; performs duties within scope of authority and training; duties may vary depending on job assignment and individual skills.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other assigned or related duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Valid Texas Class A Commercial Driver’s License with a Tanker Endorsement required within 180 days of employment.
• Requires exerting up to 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or a up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Major activities are performed outdoors, may be exposed to all weather conditions.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from eligible and qualified persons regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3072948
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.