Website City of Waco
Animal Services Technician
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01169
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Animal Services
Job Type: Full Time
Two Positions Available: 1 Full-Time Position and 1 Part-Time Position
Under basic supervision, provides care for animals in the City animal shelter.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Cleans and maintains Animal Shelter facilities and grounds daily, including feeding, watering, and grooming animals; monitors animals for illness and disease and provides medications.
• Receives animals brought to the shelter. Performs initial exams and maintains records using the shelter software.
• Provides customer assistance; maintains and updates files and assists with reports and computer entry.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
• Some animal care experience.
• A valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Various days and hours
• Weekends, and may require some flexibility during the week for departmental coverage.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Required physically restrain animals.
• The following personal protective equipment may be required and must be worn when required by the task being performed
• Gloves, eye protection, face protection, aprons, and proper footwear.
• The visual acuity requirements including color, depth perception and field vision.
• The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts and/or operation of machines at distances close to the eyes.
• The conditions the worker will be subject to in this position
• Work is performed primarily in an indoor setting or well-lit, temperature-controlled working environment.
• The worker’s primary role involves working with all types, sizes, and temperaments of animals.
• The worker is subject to hazards including a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.
• The worker is subject to atmospheric conditions. One or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin: chemicals, fumes, odors, dust, mists, dander, gases, or poor ventilation.
• The worker is frequently in close quarters, crawl spaces, enclosed rooms and other areas that could cause claustrophobia.
• The worker is required to function in narrow aisles or passageways.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3061247
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.