Assistant City Attorney
Website City of Waco
Assistant City Attorney
City of Waco
Starting Salary: $82,441.15 – $131,691.75 – Depending on Qualifications
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Meaningful and challenging work
• Make a difference and improve communities
• Competitive Salary and Benefits
• Full Range of Benefits, including Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance
• Mandatory TMRS Retirement Plan with a 2:1 City Match
• Education Assistance Program
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Longevity Pay
• And more!
• Chance to do work you are passionate about
• Job Security
• Desire to give back
THE CITY OF WACO SEEKS:
The City of Waco is looking for an experienced Assistant City Attorney to join their legal team to provide legal advice and counsel to City Officials, Boards and Commissions, and City Staff. Are you a detail-oriented, organized individual who enjoys legal research and monitoring changes within state and federal regulations, standards, and legislation governing municipalities? This position may be the opportunity you are looking for. Apply now!
• Juris Doctor Degree from an American Bar Association Accredited law school.
• Must be a member of the Texas State Bar on the first day of employment OR be licensed to practice law by the State Bar of Texas and remain active with all Texas Bar annual requirements.
• Must be able to become licensed in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas.
• If selected for this position, official proof of a J.D. degree and membership in the Texas State Bar is required and will be a condition of employment.
• Two years experience in the practice of law, municipal legal practice, and courtroom experience.
• A valid Texas Driver’s License.
• A student in their final semester of obtaining a Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA-approved law school will be considered.
Under basic supervision, provides legal representation, advice, and services to the City Council, boards and commissions, City departments, and City staff.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/4158801
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.