Website City of Waco
Health Office Specialist – WIC
City of Waco
Salary: $15.90 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01278
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Health Services
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Minimum starting salary: $15.90 hourly
Under basic supervision, performs basic office clerical and administrative support functions for City staff and provides customer services for the general public; enters and retrieves data in automated records management systems; provides information within scope of authority.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs basic clerical and administrative duties in accordance with Department procedures and City policy, including data entry, record keeping, basic accounting, preparing and processing documents and maintaining files; makes and distributes copies; processes mail, documents, correspondence, invoices and other materials; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Provides customer service, information and assistance to visitors and others having business with the City; responds to requests for information within the scope of authority; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms and other documents.
• Receives records and applications, verifies information and enters data into City computer systems.
• Answers incoming telephone calls and directs the caller to the correct person or work group or takes and relays messages as appropriate; coordinates and schedules meetings and appointments as requested; cross-trains in other office support duties as needed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond after hours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• One to three years of clerical experience; OR experience in a related setting.
• Training and certification from the Texas WIC Certification Specialist program may be required after two years of employment.
• Must be able to pass Basic Reading Comprehension – 80%
• Must be able to pass Customer Service Mindset – 80%
• Must be able to pass Office Telephone Etiquette – 80%
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Bilingual skills
• Some college coursework
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3563428
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.