Website City of Waco
Legislative Affairs Manager
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01456
Location: Waco, TX
Department: City Managers Office
Job Type: Full Time
WHY WORK FOR WACO:
• Make a difference in the lives of real people every day
• 37 days of sick, vacation, and holiday time in the 1st year of employment
• Onsite fitness centers and overall employee well-being programs
• Paid Parental Leave
• Education Assistance Program
• Be part of a high performing team
• Diverse community
• Company culture of equity and inclusion, serves with integrity, invests in people, provides excellent and innovative services, and focuses on teamwork
Minimum salary starts at $90,000.00 and depends on qualifications
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Monitors and tracks the status of city, state, and federal legislation that impacts the City of Waco; develops, leads, and implements strong strategic plans and direction for the City.
• Initiates and maintains relationships with various levels of government to gains support for City of Waco’s strategic goals and objectives; strengthens and enhances ties at local, state, and national levels.
• Serves as liaison with legislative bodies and agencies; and represents the City on special commissions and special assignments.
• Attends, conducts, and leads meetings with other governmental entities and arranges the appropriate City representation at meetings.
• Establishes relationships through networking; identifies opportunities to initiate introductions; maintains relationships with internal and external individuals and organizations; and identifies, initiates, joins and seeks leadership and service opportunities in municipal associations, coalitions, and groups.
• Assists in identifying legislative consultants who will perform work related to the best interests of the City; assists in directing and/or evaluating the work of outside legislative consultants and serves as the contract manager and liaison between third party legislative service providers.
• Assists the City in obtaining state and federal appropriations and funding.
• Keeps current with local, state, and national governmental/legislative affairs; and seeks formal and informal methods of recognizing individuals and groups.
• Maintains database of all federal and state grant applications and awards.
• Provides management and oversight of all, grant opportunities, donation requests, and marketing strategies.
• Prepares presentation materials for intergovernmental meetings, council meetings, and other critical projects.
• Create and maintain lists and databases of legislative members, state officials, and higher education officials and create reports.
• Performs all other work as needed or assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Political Science, Business Administration, or a related field
• 5 years of experience in Public Administration or Business Management, community organization and outreach
• OR any combination of education and experience that provides the applicant with the desired skills, knowledge, and ability required to perform the job.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Exerting up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3615197
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.