Website City of Waco
Parks Laborer – Grounds keeper – Part-Time
City of Waco
Salary: $15.00 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01328
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Job Type: Part Time
Under close supervision, performs unskilled and semiskilled general labor work in cleaning and maintenance of City parks and grounds.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs unskilled and semiskilled manual labor tasks to maintain safe and attractive park system; maintains park facilities and grounds, enforces rules and regulations and follows all safety rules and regulations to minimize risk of accidents; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Operates basic equipment and performs basic tasks, including weed control, mowing and watering; cleans up trash and debris and cleans facilities; prunes and trims trees and shrubs; loads and hauls materials.
• Maintains tools and equipment; reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; performs emergency cleaning and maintenance work as directed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Performs other related or assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License
• High School Diploma or GED
• One year of experience in landscaping/grounds keeping work
• Weekends and holidays
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3563488
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.