Website City of Waco
City of Waco
Salary: $20.02 – $31.97 Hourly
Job Number: 2022-01502
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Fiscal Management Services
Job Type: Full Time
Under basic supervision, assists with maintaining technical and accounting records for City payroll; updates and maintains computerized payroll records in compliance with department policies and procedures; assists employees and management with payroll issues and provides customer service within scope of authority.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintains and updates computerized City payroll system records; adds updates, calculates payrolls, compiles hours worked and generates reports.
• Compiles employee time, production and payroll data from electronic time sheets and other records; reviews, creates and maintains accounts and information; reconciles payroll discrepancies and adjustments within scope of authority; assists with benefit enrollments and training and cross-training of City staff.
• Assists employees and management with payroll issues.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as required.
• Driving is essential.
• Associate’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or a related field.
• Two years’ experience in payroll accounting, governmental accounting, payroll processing, compensation, or benefits administration.
• OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Will require various days and hours; including nights, weekends and holidays
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3835681
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.