Website City of Waco
Public Health Emergency Preparedness Coordinator
City of Waco
Salary: $63,529.08 Annually
Job Number: 2022-01141
Location: Waco, TX
Job Type: Full Time
Under general supervision, administers the Public Health District (PHD) comprehensive Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Program to develop coordinated responses to public health and other civil emergencies; coordinates planning sessions and training and education programs.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Administers and coordinates Public Health Emergency Preparedness (PHEP) Program to develop coordinated responses to public health and other civil emergencies; assures Public Health District (PHD) is in compliance with federal and state emergency preparedness and response requirements.
• Determines goals and develops and maintains detailed written plans and guidelines to efficiently coordinate the response to natural and accidental public health and safety threats.
• Builds and maintains relationships with community partners, state agencies, municipalities, and public safety agencies to ensure effective implementation of response plans during emergencies and disasters.
• Manages PHEP grant administration and reporting and monitors expenditures; prepares, presents and submits reports to federal, state and regional emergency planning and response agencies.
• Manages contracts and agreements; collects, compiles, analyzes and maintains data on PHEP operations and program activities.
• Represents PHD with regional emergency response agencies; approves and coordinates special events, practice drills and training exercises; develops and presents after-action reports.
• Supervises PHEP Program staff; assigns projects and evaluates work quality; assists PHEP Program staff with plan development; reviews and approves completed planning assignments.
• Oversees the development and implementation of the Central Texas Medical Reserve Corps volunteer program.
• Provides leadership and subject matter expertise during responses to public health emergencies and disasters.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Performs other duties as required or assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Public Health, Business or Public Administration, or a related field.
• Three years’ experience in public health/environmental regulatory programs; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
• Technical certifications in public health are preferred and may be required.
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3026094
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.