Website City of Waco
Senior Animal Services Technician
City of Waco
Salary: See Position Description
Job Number: 2022-01243
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Animal Services
Job Type: Full Time
Starting Pay: $19.00 per hour
Under basic supervision, provides experienced care for animals in the City Animal Shelter.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Cleans Animal Shelter daily, including feeding, watering and grooming animals; monitors animals for illness and disease and provides medications; euthanizes animals and processes animal carcasses.
• Provides customer assistance; maintains and updates files and assists with reports and computer entry.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information.
• Participate in animal control basic training and work in the field when necessary.
• Performs other related and assigned duties as assigned.
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent;
• One year of customer service and/or animal care experience.
• Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s License.
• Euthanasia Technician certification from Texas Department of State Health Services is required within 120 days (4 months) from date of hire.
• Basic Animal Control Officer certification is required within 1 year (12 months) from date of hire.
• Days and Hours will vary including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Will require mandatory on-call hours.
• Required to report within 30 minutes during on-call hours.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
• Required physically restrain animals.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3161134
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.