Website City of Waco
Senior Parks Maintenance Worker – CDL
City of Waco
Salary: $22.84 Hourly
Job Number: 2021 -01863
Location: Waco, TX
Department: Parks & Recreation
Job Type: Full Time
Under basic supervision, performs experienced semiskilled general labor work in cleaning and maintenance of City parks and grounds; cleans and maintains tools, equipment and heavy equipment.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge and skills. Factors such as regular attendance at the job are not routinely listed in job descriptions, but are an essential function. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Performs unskilled and semiskilled manual labor tasks to maintain safe and attractive park system; maintains park facilities and grounds and follows all safety rules and regulations; works independently and makes appropriate decisions based on work experience; duties may vary according to job assignment.
• Operates heavy mechanized equipment; performs parks cleaning and maintenance tasks, including weed control, mowing, planting and watering; cleans up trash and debris and cleans facilities; prunes and trims trees and shrubs; assists with irrigation systems and chemical applications; loads and hauls materials.
• Inspects specialty vehicles and heavy equipment for proper operating condition; repairs and adjusts equipment and performs maintenance and preventive maintenance as needed.
• Enforces rules and regulations; assists with training new staff; reports unsafe acts, conditions, accidents and injuries; performs emergency cleaning and maintenance work as directed.
• Supports the relationship between the City of Waco and the general public by demonstrating courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with citizens, visitors and City staff; maintains confidentiality of work-related issues and City information; performs other duties as required or assigned.
• May be required to respond afterhours, including holidays and weekends, in the event of a departmental or City-wide emergency.
• Perform other assigned or related duties as required
• Driving is essential.
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required.
• Three years’ experience in landscaping/grounds keeping work or construction, preferably with City of Waco.
• Must possess a valid Texas Class B Commercial Driver’s License.
• According to the needs of the City, specific training and certifications may be required.
• Exerting in excess of 75 pounds of force occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
EEO StatementThe City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To apply, please visit https://apptrkr.com/3291723
The City of Waco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing fair and equal treatment of all applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
To apply for this job please visit apptrkr.com.